Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kalan's Surgery and Update

Kalan had his Circumcision Revision done finally on the 8th! It was successful and he did great! They had me go back to the OR with him and hold him until they held him down and put the mask on him to put him to sleep. It was very unsettling seeing my little man held down and fight, fight, fight, then OUT!! I don't reccommend that to anyone! The 1st night was bad because everytime he went pee he would fly! He was climbing the walls trying to get away from the pain. Screaming bloody murder! It was very sad. We had to call the doc and get the dosage upped. He only needed it for the 1st day because he had a caudal done. This is where they do a spinal that numbs only what would touch a saddle. It lasted from 11am to about 5:30 and we gave him a dose of his meds. He fell asleep for a few hours and we got home, went to Dennis' ma's for dinner, and almost as soon as we got home the pain hit him. But after the 1st day and half he only needed the normal dosage. Now he's climbing all over me and going nuts. You would never think he's got stitches in his Mr. PeePee!! Except when he falls! He's so stinking cute he's trying to type right now! It will take about 4-6weeks to completely heal and 3 weeks until he can straddle us, like carry him on the hip, or any toys.

Now me on the other hand, I'm falling apart. Most of you know I had the joyous option to have my tubes tied with My C-Section. I chose to and then I went into labor 8 hours earlier than my scheduled C-section and got a diff doc and he talked me into getting an IUD instead. Well it lasted for a good year or so and then I couldn't find my strings. Had an Ultrasound (U/S) done and they said my uterus expelled it. So got on Birth control and had another U/S done last week to check to see if my cyst on my ovary was gone. THEY FOUND MY IUD! And it was malpositioned. Hilarious that I paid 200 bones and they didn't see it, but this one was only 20 and they saw it right away! So now I have to have surgery of some sort to get it out because the strings to get it out are in my uterus. I haven't heard anything about what exactly they will do yet. They said it's an outpatient procedure and I have to be put under. They are working on getting me some kind of health insurance, the case manager at the doc I see. I go back on the 25th and will find out the exacts then, but I'm pretty sure there is no cutting just using a scope and then pulling it out with an IUD hook. But we'll see. I will let ya know! Pray for me though cuz it hurts!! And hurts right now too!

1 comment:

Kat's Credence said...

Glad Kalan's in order and hopefully you wil follow suit!