Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ain't I lucky?

HAHA! NOT! So I went into labor about 8 hours before my normal doc came back from Vacation/could get a sitter for her kids. TRUST ME I TRIED TO GET HER!! So with her, Dr. Ravasio, I had already decided and signed to have my tubes tied (seared LOL) during the C-Section. But alas, the other doc was so worried about me being so young and Lord forbid something were to happen to the kiddo's or my husband, what if I wanted to have another one down the road. A replacement baby I guess? I was so upset and scared to decide now. I knew I was done, but what would I feel in that situation? Would I want another baby? Then he told me about the GLORIOUS Mirena IUD. It essentially sounds amazing and for any normal person without the worst female part luck, prolly would be great! No fuss Birth Control for 5 years! And can get immediately preggerz after you get it taken out??!! SO.....

Speed to current day. My IUD has been originally thought to have been expelled by my uterus, from a $200 Ultrasound (U/S), is now found by a $20 U/S that shows it is malpositioned. I need an outpatient procedure with a scope/ultrasound during to get it out. BUT I went to Dr. Elizabeth Pernal of Eastern Shore OBGYN and she laughed when I said I was told by previous doc I needed OR time for this/anesthesia! She told me she could just do it right there in the office and said scoot on down! So as she goes in after it, I am immediately hit with excruciating pain. Guys, I have a rather high threshold for pain. I normally don't cry from pain. But after 10 minutes of her LITERALLY FISHING IN MY UTERUS, I was flooded with tears. I had been screaming and almost jumping off the table!! She was like sorry I'm hurting you but I just can't find it. She wasn't using anything but the previous report from my U/S. But I haven't even gone through nursing school yet and I know that it's free floating in my uterus and moves! Anyways, so I was in agonizing pain crying crying crying in pain, and she says, well guess now we do have to go to the OR!!!! WHAT??!!! OMG! She couldn't find it after all that. At least this time she will be using a U/S during and I WILL BE OUT!! LOrdy, what was she thinking?? I DUNNO!! But now I'm in worse pain than I was with the stupid malpositioned IUD! Ain't I lucky??

No comments: